Job Title: Lead Preschool Teacher (School Year: ages 2.5 – 5, Summer Camp: ages 2.5 – 9)
Location: Plymouth, Mi.
Job Type: Full or Part-Time
Our organization prides itself on excellence, putting the education and development of our children first and
foremost. When you consider a career at Academic Gardens, know you will be joining a team that is passionate about giving young children the right start to a successful future.
The Lead Teacher demonstrates leadership abilities by creating and maintaining a positive learning environment. The Lead Teacher assists the Director in operating the center in accordance with LARA, OYC
procedures and State Licensing standards to provide an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children and staff as it pertains to the classroom. Meets expectations for delivering exceptional customer service to families enrolled at the school.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Computer literacy
- Completed at least one (1) full year of experience working under supervision primarily with preschoolers in a licensed child care center, nursery school, church-operated school, or similar setting.
- 90 clock hours, certification, or willing to get certified once hired
- CPR/First Aid/BBP certification is required.
- A well-developed philosophy on the education of young children, which parallels with the educational philosophy of Academic Gardens.
- Create and implement age-appropriate lesson plans and activities for the growth and development of young children. Focus on Intellectual, Physical, and Social-Emotional Development.
- Maintain teacher/student ratio and a safe and inviting community environment in the classroom.
- Understand and assist staff members with developmentally appropriate practices in Early Childhood Education.
- Models, demonstrates, and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Complies with, and may implement, LARA regulations regarding the care of children.
- Inventory school supplies in classroom and let Director know what is needed.
- Keeps the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children.
- Assists and accepts responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings.